You can download a pdf of my résumé, or view it below:
Suite 4304, 44 Charles Street West, Toronto, Ontario. M4Y 1R8
- To provide innovative and beneficial strategies/solutions in response to business challenges and opportunities.
- To facilitate introduction of and migration to new approaches and technologies to support business objectives.
- To share knowledge and experience through training and mentoring.
- To be continuously learning, in an environment with high standards and ethics.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Over thirty years on a wide variety of commercial and NATO secret military hardware and software platforms, providing business analysis, business systems analysis, data architecture, systems analysis, and systems engineering.
- Over thirty years of application analysis, specification, design, programming, testing, and maintenance.
- Over twenty years experience with data-driven design, RDBMSs, and business systems implementation.
- Fifteen years architecting and coding web sites, with and without content management systems.
- Over ten years experience of web-based survey design, implementation, and analysis.
- Excellent understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Developed and taught rapid application development course.
- Book author and publisher, in print and electronic formats.
- Strong initiative, high energy, ethical, and dedicated.
RDBMS ANALYSIS AND DEVELOPMENT
- Operational data store for on-line analytical processing of corporate data, in support of business intelligence, data support systems, and data mining.
- Customer relationship management and sales management systems; requirements, implementation, and rescue.
- Museum collection acquisitioning database and membership database for charity museum and archive.
- Charity donor database system.
- Data warehouse to construct analytic processes at Canada’s largest database (climatology).
- Rapid application development environment software.
- Directed marketing, consultants, and support staff.
- Articles on rapid application development for computer trade publication.
FITNESS INDUSTRY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Complete responsibility for IT (company revenue ~$20M).
- Integration of content management system and sales system with web store (~$6M/annum) and accounting software, well before this was commonplace.
- Created first bank-integrated sales system of its type in Canada, supporting multi-credit card and multi-currency.
- Data security, web server/sites, e-mail server, spam filter, and e-mail marketing system.
BOOK PUBLISHING (PRINT AND ELECTRONIC)
- Author and publisher of best seller, in print and electronic formats.
- Graphic design and publication of several database-driven directories.
AEROSPACE (MISSILE SYSTEMS)
- Multi-supplier missile management system—developed interface and software test specifications and procedures, developed acceptance test procedure, managed system testing, ensuring principal and secondary systems fully tested.
- Paper-based traceability matrix from requirements to testing.
- Destructive component testing.
AEROSPACE (INFRA-RED SURVEILLANCE SYSTEMS)
- Military requirements, system, interface, and software specifications.
- Saved ~$750k by uncovering deficiencies in specifications.
- Database system to create traceability matrix from requirements to testing.
- Human engineering for military displays.
- 2-D and 3-D graphing/modelling software tools and system simulation tools.
- Introduced software engineering economics to military contract’s software development life cycle.
- Complete design and implementation of meta-data driven survey creation tool for rapid development of multi-platform, multi-server, multi-language surveys for research, university, corporate, and military clients, in support of complex, secure, client-server, web-based surveys.
- Marketed survey creation product; successful sales to both university, corporate, and individual clients.
PERFORMANCE (CASTING AND TALENT)
- Web-based, databased talent agent/casting content management and billing systems.
- Custom-built web store, integrated in real-time to sales system database.
- E-mail marketing system linked to corporate sales database.
HEALTH EDUCATION AND RESEARCH
- Safety lectures, workshops, and keynote speeches at academic conferences, to psychiatric faculty, medical professionals, and student and community organizations in Canada and abroad, for over twenty years.
- de facto standard world-leading health safety flyer in English and French.
- Largest survey ever undertaken in its field, using database-drive web survey.
- Guest lecturer at university and expert witness in court.
- Live radio and television, and print interviews.
- Managed teams of approximately 25 staff gathering seismic data on land and sea.
Rapid application development (RAD), including teaching; waterfall method; spiral method; rational unified process (RUP); agile development.
SQL RDBMSs; FileMaker.
Macintosh OS X and OS X Server; Unix; Windows/PC; and others.
• B. Sc. (Physics), Associate of the Royal College of Science (A.R.C.S.), Imperial College of Science and Technology, London, England.
• Pursuing research doctorate (Maimonides University, Florida).